Airush Wave 2016 Kiteurf kite
The 2016 Airush Wave Kite introduces a new level of refinement for this groundbreaking design. The unique design was engineered specifically for the wave enthusiast, this enables the kite to fly forward in the window when required, keeping the rider deep in the pocket, steering immediately no matter where it is in the window, then sitting back and drifting in the turns when more stability is required.
Refinements in the chord length, wingtips and canopy layout make for a smooth power delivery and fluid steering consistent across the range, while the V3 bridle system maintains even tension throughout the kite enabling perfect steering even when depowered and sheeted out. The next generation Aramid Load Frame takes the biggest innovation in kite construction to a whole new level and is combined with the Technoforce D2 by Teijin, for the ultimate mix of durability and lightweight performance. For wave performance, this optimised weight is essential for improved drift stability, while the load frame makes all the difference when additional durability is required.
The Wave responds perfectly to rider input and allows you to get into the perfect position on the wave, no matter what the wind conditions, taking your riding into a new realm.
Dedicated Wave performance
Superb drift characteristics.
Airush Wave 2016 Tech Specs
NEXT GENERATION DYNEEMA LOAD FRAME
This premium fabric is used in conjunction with the Dyneema Load Frame for the ultimate combination of durability and performance. Ongoing testing has highlighted the lowest stretch and UV stability, along with highest long-term reliability of any materials.
TECHNOFORCE D2 BY TEIJIN
This premium fabric is used in conjunction with the Aramid Load frame for the ultimate combination of durability and performance. Ongoing testing has highlighted the lowest stretch and highest long-term reliability of any materials available.
All Airush kites feature the Hardcore Construction, a focus and commitment to structural integrity.
AIRUSH FRAME TECHNOLOGY
Airush Frame technology distributes the load off all stitched lines on all main panels of the canopy area on impact during a crash, while the outer frame features gradient load wingtips that integrates progressive density cloth in te high load areas radiating from the attachment points.
ONE PUMP VALVES
Increased wall thickness and oversized diameter of the tubing eliminates tube kink and reduces stress on your pump, which facilitates quick and easy inflation.
GRADIENT LOAD WINGTIPS
Gradient load wingtips integrate progressive density cloth in the high load areas radiating from the attachment points. Bomb proof trailing edge (TE) construction featuring a 3 layer tapering of heavy duty dacron material to increase durability of the kite. Available on the DNA and Lithium.
FOUR PIECE STRUTS
The new 4-piece strut has added a double folded straight stitch seam aligned with a 20mm wide webbing strip to reduce point of wearing. This increases durability and rigidness of the struts in all Airush kites.
The Unity Strut Connection provides a solid point connection from strut to leading egded to create a stiff structure which helps in performance and relaunching. The Unity Strut Connection working in conjunction with the 4 Piece Struts allows for a thinner and lighter strut.
Made of tough Zytel material for high strength and resistance to abrasion and impact, the Airush Pulley has the pigtails hole directionally correct to eliminate bridle wear. With a breaking strength of 550 kg, the Airush pulley was designed specifically for use on all Airush kites.
LEADING EDGE SEAM
A Leading Edge connection seam with a slick 19mm soft webbing reinforcement to handle harder crashes. Increased mark cloth sections at the front of all canopy seams at the leading edge to stop stitching and seam wear points.
D i s c i p l i n e
– Multidiscipline (wave, freeride and freestyle!)
K i t e . t y p e
Medium aspect bridled C, 4 line.
D e f i n i n g . C h a r a c t e r i s t i c
– Handling. Widely regarded as one of the most advanced handling kites in the industry. It’s epic round corners.
– Fast, forward turning (so it never looses power in a turn),
– Turns equally well on full power as it does on full depower.
– Added to this is an enormous wind range in 9 and 12 for riders up to 85kg.
C h a m p i o n e d . B y
– Many high level riders who want a kite that has speed, range efficiency and multi discipline ability.
– Though called wave the 12 and especially 9 are addictive boosting machines.
– They surge forward well (good for freestyle – really…) and fall back well under slack lines for great low end and total stability drifting.
– Wave riders love these kites, but a huge number of lighter twin tip freeriders also love them as faster multi-discipline kites.
– Best suited to 50-85kg riders as the profile of the kite is quite fine.
B a r . P r e s s u r e
– light to medium – Adjust-ability on the bridle attachment points
T u n i n g / s e t u p . o p t i o n s
– Bridle adjustment for bar pressure, – Speed / throw adjustments on the trailing edge.
C o n s t r u c t i o n . F e a t u r e s
– Features Tejin’s Technoforce D2 (regarded by all in the industry to be the finest fabric)
– Full Dyneema load frame that has a track record of not only reducing stretch, improving forward turning ability, but also preventing all front to back canopy splits on impact.
– Full one pump system with additional shielding,
– Over sized inflate/deflate valve,
– Plus the hugest level of strength to weight engineering in the Airush range – no expense spared.
– A construction that is regarded as the finest in the industry – very expensive and unparalleled.
B a r . O p t i o n s
– Core 4 line (best for line length adjust-ability which is very handy on these kites) – Or the analogue bar to reduce cost.
S i z e . R a n g e . C h a r a c t e r i s t i c s
– The 12 and 9 are almost identical in feel, and are the reference sizes in this range.
– For 60-80kg the 9m is so quick, powers round corners so well and has handling that is indistinguishable on full depower to its handling on full power that in capable hands it’s sweet spot is utterly enormous.
– The 12 is similar, but trades a little extra low end power for top end efficiency and has a slightly smaller sweet spot overall. Handling is very similar though.
– The 7, 6 and 5 feel a lot quicker than the 9 and are centred more on wave riding (getting around a wave-break fast) than general freeride use (boosting and freeriding).
W h y . t h i s . k i t e . i s . b e t t e r . t h a n . o t h e r s . i n . t h e . i n d u s t r y ?
– The 9 and 12 are unparalleled in performance – such a direct, intuitive, fast but precise kite. Smaller kites are more wave focused than freeride but awesome weapons for cutting chunks out of waves in high winds.
– They are easy, addictive and highly renowned multi-discipline kites for advanced riders.
– Plus it’s backed up by us, so your service is assured!