Airush Wave 2015
The Airush Wave Kite has created a legion of dedicated surf followers through its groundbreaking design, blending a unique combination of forward speed and incredible drifting capabilities. The Wave responds perfectly to rider input and allows you to get into the perfect position on the wave, no matter what the wind conditions.
High efficiency, multidiscipline ability, in a full depower kite for athletic riding styles.
→ D i s c i p l i n e ←
– Multidiscipline (wave, freeride and freestyle!)
→ K i t e . t y p e ←
Medium aspect bridled C, 4 line.
→ D e f i n i n g . C h a r a c t e r i s t i c ←
– Handling. Widely regarded as the most advanced handling kite in the industry. It’s epic round corners.
– Fast, forward turning (so it never looses power in a turn),
– Turns equally well on full power as it does on full depower.
– Added to this is an enormous wind range in 9 and 12 for riders up to 85kg.
→ C h a m p i o n e d . B y ←
– Many high level riders who want a kite that has speed, range efficiency and multi discipline ability.
– Though called wave the 12 and especially 9 are addictive boosting machines.
– They surge forward well (good for freestyle – really…) and fall back well under slack lines for great low end and total stability drifting.
– Wave ridiners love these kites, but a huge number of lighter twin tip freeriders also love them as faster multidiscipline kites.
– Best suited to 50-85kg riders as the profile of the kite is quite fine.
→ B a r . P r e s s u r e ←
– light to medium – Adjustability on the bridle attachment points
→ T u n i n g / s e t u p . o p t i o n s ←
– Bridle adjustment for bar pressure, – Speed / throw adjustments on the trailing edge.
→ C o n s t r u c t i o n . F e a t u r e s ←
– Features Tejin’s Technoforce D2 (regarded by all in the industry to be the finest fabric)
– Full Aramid load frame that has a track record of not only reducing stretch, improving forward turning ability, but also preventing all front to back canopy splits on impact.
– Full one pump styem with additional shielding,
– Oversized inflate/deflate valve,
– Plus the higest level of strength to weight engineering in the airush range – no expense spared.
– A construction that is regarded as the finest in the industry – very expensive and unparalleled.
→ B a r . O p t i o n s ←
– Smart bar 4 line (best for line length adjustability which is very handy on these kites) – Or the analogue bar to reduce cost.
→ S i z e . R a n g e . C h a r a c t e r i s t i c s ←
– The 12 and 9 are almost identical in feel, and are the reference sizes in this range.
– For 60-80kg the 9m is so quick, powers round corners so well and has handling that is indistinguishable on full depower to its handling on full power that in capable hands it’s sweet spot is utterly enormous.
– The 12 is similar, but trades a little extra low end power for top end efficiency and has a slightly smaller sweet spot overall. Handling is very similar though.
– The 7, 6 and 5 feel a lot quicker than the 9 and are centred more on wave riding (getting around a wavebreak fast) than general freeride use (boosting and freeriding).
→ W h y . t h i s . k i t e . i s . b e t t e r . t h a n . o t h e r s . i n . t h e . i n d u s t r y ? ←
– The 9 and 12 are unparalleled in performance – such a direct, intuitive, fast but precise kite in 12 and 9 simply does not exist.
– They are easy, addictive and highly renowned multidiscipline kites for advanced riders.
– Plus it’s backed up by us, so your service is assured!
AIRUSH 2015 WAVE 5M – recommended 45cm bar
AIRUSH 2015 WAVE 6M – recommended 45cm bar
AIRUSH 2015 WAVE 7M – recommended 45cm bar
AIRUSH 2015 WAVE 9M – recommended 45-52cm bar
AIRUSH 2015 WAVE 12M – recommended 52-55cm bar
The Airush Wave Kite has created a legion of dedicated surf followers through its groundbreaking design, blending a unique combination of forward speed and incredible drifting capabilities. The Wave responds perfectly to rider input and allows you to get into the perfect position on the wave, no matter what the wind conditions. Refinements in the chord length, wingtips and canopy layout make for a smooth power delivery and fluid steering consistent across the range, while the V3 bridle system maintains even tension throughout the kite enabling perfect steering even when depower and sheeted out. With the most advanced construction on the market and perfect balance, the Airush Wave takes surf kiting into a new realm.
– Unique planform allows the kite to fly forward in the window when required while sitting back and drifting in the turns.
– Tight turning with minimal power
– Increased LE Diameter in Smaller sizes for greater stability and support
– Aramid Load Frame Technology
– Double Rip Stop Technoforce D2 by Teijin Canopy
– New Oversized SPS valve (Single Point Inflation System)
– All New One Pump System
Throughout the Airush Range our team and designers strive to make the most from the varied kitesurfing standards, conditions, abilities and disciplines reflected in the sport we know today. To this end there are a great deal of differences between each kite in the airush range.
The Supported Leading Edge C-Kite, or SL-C, is dedicated to riders who want the most out of a 4-line. The SL-C concept gives a C-Shape arc, which delivers great turning and direct response in combination with Support Leading edge range and relaunching.
All Airush kites feature the Hardcore Construction, a focus and commitment to structural integrity.
– This includes a 4 piece strut with bomb proof double sandwich centre seam to reduce the amount of stitching points for reduce wear as well as increased rigidity.
– A Leading Edge connection seam with a slick 19mm soft webbing reinforcement to handle harder crashes.
– Increased mark cloth sections at the front of all canopy seams at the leading edge to stop stitching and seam wear points.
//TECHNO FORCE D2
Not all kites are created equally – Technoforce D2 is accredited as being the strongest and most durable canopy fabric currently available. This premium fabric is used in conjunction with the Aramid and Poly load frames for the ultimate combination of durability and performance. Ongoing testing has highlighted the lowest stretch specifically along the bias, along with the highest long term reliability of any materials available.
Who said pulleys are not a good idea?.. The truth is, done right, they are essential with only gains in handling response and absolutely essential in maintaining handling characteristics throughout the depower range. Without the pulleys the kite will not steer on full depower. The V3 Bridle has a system developed over the past 4 years ensuring that the kite turns and feels the same on full depower as it does on full power, and more than this, the handling feel is indistinguishable from direct connection kites.
Featured on all the 2015 Airush Kites, with the exception of the Razor Team / AP and DNA, the V3 Bridle System adds not only to the safety benefits, but also contributes significantly to the feeling and performance of the kites. The positioning of the bridle attachment points on the LE of the kite, combined with the V pulleys, gives a very smooth and responsive de-power. This allows for steering that is light, but direct enough to feel where your kite is while riding. This also enables the kite to be steered and controlled when the kite is completely de-powered which is ideal for wave riding.